Honda Africa Twin with DCT
This is the legendary bike everyone is talking about. It is a bike that is ready for what you are going to come across in Ecuador. It is as fun to ride both on road and off road and has the feel of a dirt bike. The Dual Clutch Transmission and offroad "Grabber" technology make this bike something very new and fun to ride. It has almost 10 inches of ground clearance which will give you more freedom to ride on a wider variety of roads. It is ready for full adventure!
- Unlimited Mileage Rental
- All Highway Tolls (with electronic toll payment system)
- Price Match Guarantee
- Your choice of tires
- Mosko Moto Backcountry35 Panniers
- Lockable Top Case
- 12V Receptacle
- Robust Lateral Crash Bars
- Skid Plate
- Hand Guards
- Switchable ABS
- Switchable Traction Control
- Off Road "Grabber" Technology
- Motocross-Grade Decaling (protects you from damages)
- Mandatory Insurance (SOAT)
- Supplemental 3rd Party Liability Coverage to $100,000
- Basic Medical Coverage (including pillion)
- Waterproof Map of Ecuador
- Free Route and Destination Advice
- Luggage Storage and Locker Usage
- Prepaid Cell Phone with 24-hour Support Line
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Tire Repair Kit Including Electric Air Pump
- Pre-Ride Preparation Videos and Packing Lists
- GPS Tracking Device (so we know where you are if you need help)
- Helmets (2)
- Use of any riding gear from our ADV Closet featuring a large selection of jackets, pants, rain gear and boots from leading manufacturers such as Klim, BMW Motorrad, Forma, Sidi and Olympia
- VIP Access to Freedom Riders' Lounge™ with wifi, shower, guide book & map library, jacuzzi and bar
- Group Discounts Available
- Fully Refundable Security Deposit ($2500 with a credit card)
- Paperwork and Authorization to Enter Colombia or Peru
- Drop Off in Guayaquil or Cuenca ($300)
- AltRider Hemisphere Tankbag ($5/day)
- Garmin zümo® Motorcycle GPS Navigation System ($15/day)
- Taxes (12%) - note: rentals are not taxed when included in a self-guided or guided tour package.
- Valid Motorcycle License from Your State or Country of Residence
- 20 Years of Age
- 1+ Year of experience riding a 500cc+ motorcycle
- Passport or Ecuadorian Cedula ID Card
- Credit Card with Sufficient Available Credit for Security Deposit
Before booking a vehicle rental with us, please carefully read our Motorcycle/Vehicle Rental Terms and Conditions.
Our online reservation system is automated and accessible through the "Book Now" or "Reserve Online" buttons on this website. The system will take you through a few easy steps to book your rental. The system is secure and uses a third party, Ecuadorian payment system called Kushki, that uses all current international safety and security standards. Payment may be made using any major credit card. Please note that we must collect a government-issued ID number from you when booking due to Ecuadorian banking regulations. You may use your passport, driver's license, or any other government identification number.
Alternatively, you may request payment through PayPal in the system (click the PayPal logo on checkout). If you prefer to send a wire transfer, please let us know (using the "Ask a Question" button or "Contact" menu item, and we will provide our banking details.
Deposits are refundable minus 10% of the total rental or tour price only if canceled at least 90 days prior to departure or pick-up date. Cancellations are very costly to us as they impede our planning and ability to sell rentals and tours to other customers. Therefore, cancellations for any reason made less than 90 days before the pickup or departure date are not refundable, nor may they be applied to a future rental or tour.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC: All reservations through 2021 are completely flexible. If you have to change the dates for your trip for a Covid-19 related reason, you may do so for any date through December 31, 2021 at no additional charge. Please notify us as soon as possible of any change in your plans.
To protect yourself from this loss of your deposit, it is up to you to secure travel insurance that covers cancellations due to health problems, civil unrest, acts of God, family tragedies or problems with flight departures, etc.
We recommend Ripcord Travel Insurance. They provide very extensive travel insurance plus have outstanding repatriation and assistance in an emergency. To purchase, go to this page.
The balance (second 50%) of your rental or tour is due when you pick up the bike in our office in Quito. The second 50% can be paid in cash (United States Dollars) or with PayPal or with a credit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
A 100% refundable security deposit using a credit card for the rental motorcycle or 4x4 is also required and is separate from the payment for the tour. Security deposits are $500 - $2000, depending on the vehicle selected.
998cc liquid-cooled SOHC 8-valve parallel twin with 270-degree crank
242 Kg / 534 pounds
Fully Automatic, chain driven. no clutch lever. Manual shifting can be done using buttons on the handlebars
850 mm | 33.46 inches
|18.75 liters | 4.96 gallons|