The BMW GS was designed specifically for the riding conditions you will find in Ecuador! Ecuador was the testing ground for the first BMW GS prototypes in 1980. This new redesigned BMW GS model will keep even the most skilled of riders entertained and happy. Our model has the upgraded 6.5-inch color TFT display, tubeless tires, ABS and traction control with pro and dynamic modes.
- Unlimited Mileage Rental
- All Highway Tolls (with electronic toll payment system)
- Price Match Guarantee
- Your choice of tires for offroad or paved riding (3+ days rental only)
- Mosko Moto Backcountry35 Panniers
- Lockable Top Case
- Rear Luggage Rack
- Robust Lateral Crash and Engine Stainless Steel Bars
- Skid Plate
- Hand Guards
- 12v Receptacle
- Electric Grip Warmers
- Switchable ABS
- Switchable Traction Control
- Motocross-Grade Decaling (protects you from stupid scratches and damages)
- Mandatory Insurance (SOAT)
- Supplemental 3rd Party Liability Coverage to $100,000
- Basic Medical Coverage (including pillion)
- Waterproof Map of Ecuador
- Free Route and Destination Advice
- Luggage Storage and Locker Usage while riding
- Prepaid Local Cell Phone with 24-hour Support Line
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance and Support
- Tire Repair Kit Including Electric Air Pump
- GPS Tracking Device (so we know where you are if you need help)
- Helmets (2)
- Use of any riding gear from our ADV Closet featuring a large selection of jackets, pants, rain gear and boots from leading manufacturers such as Klim, BMW Motorrad, Forma, and Olympia
- VIP Access to Freedom Riders' Lounge™ with wifi, shower, guide book & map library, jacuzzi and honor bar
- Group Discounts Available
- Fully Refundable Security Deposit ($2500 with a credit card)
- Paperwork and Authorization to Enter Colombia or Peru
- Drop Off in Guayaquil or Cuenca ($300)
- AltRider Hemisphere Tankbag ($5/day)
- Garmin zümo® Motorcycle GPS Navigation System ($15/day)
- Taxes (12%) - note: rentals are not taxed when included in a self-guided or guided tour package. Convert to a tour package and save!
- Valid Motorcycle License from Your State or Country of Residence
- 20 Years of Age
- 1+ Year of experience riding a 500cc+ motorcycle
- Passport or Ecuadorian Cedula ID Card
- Credit Card with Sufficient Available Credit for Security Deposit
Before booking a vehicle rental with us, please carefully read our Motorcycle/Vehicle Rental Terms and Conditions.
Our online reservation system is automated and accessible through the "Book Now" or "Reserve Online" buttons on this website. The system will take you through a few easy steps to book your rental. The system is secure and uses a third party, Ecuadorian payment system called Kushki, that uses all current international safety and security standards. Payment may be made using any major credit card. Please note that we must collect a government-issued ID number from you when booking due to Ecuadorian banking regulations. You may use your passport, driver's license, or any other government identification number.
Alternatively, you may request payment through PayPal in the system (click the PayPal logo on checkout). If you prefer to send a wire transfer, please let us know (using the "Ask a Question" button or "Contact" menu item, and we will provide our banking details.
Deposits are refundable minus 10% of the total rental or tour price only if canceled at least 90 days prior to departure or pick-up date. Cancellations are very costly to us as they impede our planning and ability to sell rentals and tours to other customers. Therefore, cancellations for any reason made less than 90 days before the pickup or departure date are not refundable, nor may they be applied to a future rental or tour.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC: All reservations through 2021 are completely flexible. If you have to change the dates for your trip for a Covid-19 related reason, you may do so for any date through December 31, 2021 at no additional charge. Please notify us as soon as possible of any change in your plans.
To protect yourself from this loss of your deposit, it is up to you to secure travel insurance that covers cancellations due to health problems, civil unrest, acts of God, family tragedies or problems with flight departures, etc.
We recommend Ripcord Travel Insurance. They provide very extensive travel insurance plus have outstanding repatriation and assistance in an emergency. To purchase, go to this page.
The balance (second 50%) of your rental or tour is due when you pick up the bike in our office in Quito. The second 50% can be paid in cash (United States Dollars) or with PayPal or with a credit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
A 100% refundable security deposit using a credit card for the rental motorcycle or 4x4 is also required and is separate from the payment for the tour. Security deposits are $500 - $2000, depending on the vehicle selected.
853 cc Water-cooled, 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
494 lbs (224 kg)
6-Speed w/ anti-hop, mechanically-controlled clutch. chain drive
30.3 - 32.7 inches (77 -83 cm)
|4 U.S. gallons | 15.1 Liters|